Saturday 28 April 2012

ANZAC: Writers Notebook


These pieces of writing have been published from some of the students Free Writing books.

Free Writing is based on an image or text which is visible on the whiteboard first thing on the school morning.  Each student has five minutes to write about whatever comes into their head using the information as inspiration.

This was the image on Tuesday morning ...
Hello?   Anyone in here?  Of course there is because it is a cemetery, but I actually know who is here.  I know it is a soldier from a war because it is a poppy.  I do not know which war it could be, war 1 or war 2?  What war could it be I wonder?                                                               Charlotte

Poppies are pretty.
Poppies are red.
The flower is an ANZAC flower.             
Anneliese

No, I don’t want you to die.  Wha, wha.  Oh why did this happen?  This is so sad.  I want you back, please come back to life.  I don’t even know why they did it.
Here you go, here are some poppies for you.                   
Ajae

Why, why did you have to die, all those people that I don’t know.  Stop with the violence.
ANZAC Day is reported on the news.  Someone is going grave to grave and crying and he doesn’t even know these people.
Tess

ANZAC Day.
Red poppies by a stone.
That person was probably in the war.                                  
Austin

ANZAC Day, not a really good day.  The day we remember that the people in the war died, not cool.  My Granddad was in the trenches too, it’s a good thing he didn’t die.
I wonder why the war started?  I wonder what it would have felt like for the people in the war?                              
William

Posted by Mrs A

No comments:

Post a Comment